Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Well, I've been here for a week now, and I have yet to settle in. I'm still living out of a suite case in my hotel. It's not any hotel... but a "love hotel." I thought these only existed in movies, but no, I have found myself staying in one for a week, and calling it home. Although this sucks, I know that I will be moving soon enough. I am waiting for the teacher that I am replacing to leave so I can take her apartment. This won't happen till November 20th-ish. That means I have another 9 days to enjoy the high life of the love hotel.

Monday, I went for a long, long walk, explored the city and found a great place for reflection. Haeundae, where I am living, is the most famous beach in Korea, and the views are amazing. I wondered up a small trail, that overlooked both sides of the city. It was absolutely breath taking.

Yesterday was my first day at work. It was a long day... and full of testing. I did one-on-one verbal testing with the students for about 3 hours. The other 4 hours were spent in front of the computer screen, pretending to do something. Today I will be observing a couple "veteran" teachers while they teach. I'm excited to et my own classes and start working on my own. I know that when that happens, I'm going to wish I was back in the love hotel lazing around, enjoying my time away from work. Here's till next time!
Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear!

    I'm just got your message, and plan to give you a much more comprehensive response tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking of me. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting, Abbie! It sounds like you've made it through the travel changes without a hitch. I'm so glad to hear you had a bit of buffer time to adjust to the new climate and conditions before you started work. I so wish I could have walked with you during your exploration of the city and the trails. The views must have been stunning, considering how beautiful that photo you posted is. I'm with you in spirit! It's exciting to hear about the baby steps you're taking before launching in to your own teaching. Pretty soon, you'll be flying high all on your own. So great. So, about visiting you - I attempted to book a flight on my return home to stop off in Seoul, but the program director was not comfortable with the Indian airline that would take me to Korea. So for now, I have no concrete plans to visit. HOWEVER, I spoke with V, and he might be interested in coming out in Spring 2010. Maybe I'll work a bit to earn some cash, and fly over for a week to visit. Let that ruminate. It's so great to hear from you! Please continue to post, even when things are busy and all over the place. It's a very grounding exercise. Peace, Dear Abbie. Love, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete