Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm finally here!!

These past 48 hours have been stressful, exciting, adventurous and killer on my internal clock. I have no sense of what time it is, other than what the clock says. So, I flew out of SEA-TAC at noon on Tuesday. Said goodbye to my parents and embarked on an 11 hour flight to Tokyo. From there, I had an hour layover and then another 3 hour flight. On the flight, I met a nice Korean man that had lived in the states for 12 years and went to UW. He was so, so helpful and put my mind at ease about a lot of things I was stressing out about. So I landed really late in Busan, found my driver, who was holding up my name, and unloaded my luggage in his car. It was about a 45 minute drive from the airport to where I'm currently staying. My apartment is still in use by the current English teacher, so I'm staying in a hotel for now... which is a bit annoying, but I'll survive. I was greeted by two Korean teachers from my school (they spoke perfectly good English!!). These two guys let me know what my status was. I'm in quarantine until Monday; then I get to go into work and meet my co-teachers, boss, etc. I'm excited and anxious to start my new life here.

I've been here for two days, and I'm already loving it. The views are absolutely amazing. I will upload some later, but the beach is a 2 minute walk from my hotel. It's about 75 degrees here, and I'm sweating almost as soon as I step foot outside. Yesterday, I had Korean lunch at a small hole-in-the-wall restaurant on a side street. It was SO good- spicy chicken soup and rice. I have pictures of that too... that I will be posting!

More updates to come, but for now, I'm spent. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment