Monday, February 22, 2010

Experiencing more.

My apologies for the lack of blogging. I've enjoyed my February so far. My birthday, the Lunar New Year and soon to be a change of classes. Spring semester starts next week... SPRING!!! That means warmer weather, longer days and a more accessible Busan. Although, I can't complain about how easy it is to travel around this city.

Korean Positive: he ability to travel relatively cheap, fast and clean. Subways are the best thing ever. Although, I put 10,000 Won on my subway pass on Saturday morning (which is a cute, pink smiley face!); and after my weekend adventures, I only have a lonely 3,000 Won left. I was able to see a majority of the second largest city in Korea, I was annoyed only once, stared at about 4 dozen times and listened to 37 songs on my ipod... all for only a mere 7,000 Won (about $5.00). I cannot stress how clean this country is.

Korean Negative: Shoes. In America, I'm an average 8.5/9. I knew coming to this country that I would struggle to find clothes- all the girls here (as noted earlier in my blog) are model-sized. But c'mon Korea... whenever I was down in America about my failure to find a pair of jeans that I liked or a perfect dress, I could always wander over to the shoe sections with my mom (because, we all know Jane loves shoes) and find a perfect fit. Korea has killed my dream of shoe shopping- at least for now. I can always fall back on purses; they don't discriminate.

As I said, I travelled all over Busan this weekend. I met up with Torie DeLung- a friend from high school who recently moved to Busan and our Korean friend Amy. We shuttled around the two larger parts of the city. First Seomyeon- lunch, shopping and people watching. Then we headed to Nampo-Dong. A bit further away from Jangsan (where I live). There, we visited Democracy Park. It is a memorial for all the Korean men that died in The Korean War. It was gorgeous and atop the park was a gorgeous view of Busan. Breath-taking. I enjoyed getting out and experiencing more of a cultural aspect in Busan. I'm intending on doing that more from here on out.

Cheers till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Your adventure last weekend sound wonderful. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. Do you have any photos of the view from Democracy Park? Say hello to Tori if you see her again soon.

    ReplyDelete